What a deliberate path of decolonisation can look like to those who can’t or don’t understand what or why yet:
- A spiritual conversion [even if our spirituality always did and still exists within us privately and quietly].
- Cultural traditionalism, or a rejection of modernity [cultural revival isn’t a rejection of modernity but a way to find balance in a fast paced, sick world].
- Political militancy [justified anger and grief, advocating for change].
- The appearance of behaving or speaking a different “cultural language” to others [a new confidence in cultural articulation that was always a part of your behaviours regardless].
- A rejection of material, western values [actually a rejection of eurocentricity and White Supremacy].
- Deliberate re-traumatisation [again, a processing of ancestral and cultural grief].
- Faith healing [personal and spiritual growth, healing and transformation].
- Delusion, fantasy, or mental illness [a colonial projection of normative values on the colonised subject].
- A “search” instead of a homecoming to your birth right.